Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-19-2014, 08:28 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Regular

It doesn't open much . And it looks dirty.. My tank is 2 months old or 3.. My parameters are good..

Old 01-19-2014, 09:06 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan7474 View Post
It doesn't open much . And it looks dirty.. My tank is 2 months old or 3.. My parameters are good..

What do you mean by "good"? Anemones are difficult creatures to care for. They require strong lighting and pristine water condition. By pristine I mean 0 phosphates, 0 nitrates, 0 ammonia.. Also, you tank seems to be too young for an anemone. When i first started saltwater I bought myself a Haitian anemone, my tank was about 5-6 months old and I had trouble keeping him.

Old 02-01-2014, 02:21 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

I definitely agree with Massimo...you should do a LOT of research before adding any kind of marine life to a tank. I haven't even set up my tank yet but even i know that. You can't rush things...no matter what is advertised as "add fish now" or "no cycling time, just add fish" thats a bunch of "abalone". i too would like a Bubble Tip eventually...but like people said, tank maturity is important. Also, never be negligent to an animals care level, especially when it's more for Experts or Moderate, and think you can handle it. Just sayin because most people learn all this the hard way. i know I have...
Old 02-01-2014, 02:25 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Regular

It's a matter if opinion.. I've seen successful new tanks with anemone that are doing great
Old 02-01-2014, 02:27 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yeah but they probably still did research...didn't just throw it in there.
Old 02-01-2014, 02:28 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Regular

I did plenty of research .. Checked all my parameters..
Old 02-01-2014, 09:57 AM   #17
Dividing by 0
Community Admin

POTM Champion

A reef system is not mature or stable at 2-3 months and as such is unsuitable to house anemones or other sensitive inverts. There is a reason why experienced hobbyists tell people to wait at least 6 months and preferably a year. Can it be done? Sure! Just about anything can in this hobby. It doesn't make it a good idea.

fort384 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anemone, bubble, bubble tip, bubble tip anemone

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com