Bubble Tip Anemone Looks Sick (Pictures)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Irinka

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello , everyone. i have green bta. For an about a week it looks very strange.
Some of it tentacles deflated and sort of has holes on its tips, or perhaps tips sucked within itself...
It eats well, doesn't move. Water parameters are good.

Need Help to know if it is ok ...

fjmekg.jpg

vpuhb8.jpg

2n172hw.jpg

It only have been a week of this behavior. Tank is 7 month old and anemone lives there for 3 month by now...

All parameters are fine, tested few time in order to check the reason... Salinity 1.025 with no change, temperature stable. LED lightening.

Do you have any other stats on the led? A single strip really isnt enough to keep a nem happy unless its some crazy intense intensity, which i have never seen.
Do you have pictures of it before? Just trying to determine if it is declining over time or something instant.

2aev248.jpg

this is month ago. In addition to LED strip I have one more spot lighting that also turned on, but not always.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392123471.677918.jpg

That is how it looks most of the time. In addition to leds i have one more lamp that is turned on but not always, because anemone stretches itsel too much under that and turns to be with long not bubbled tentacles..

Yes more lighting details, what kind of lamp? What kind of LEDs? When it is on it is reaching out for more light - some BTAs do have log tentacles and that's ok. It does sound like a lighting issue to me, if you don't plan on upgrading your system you won't be able to keep this nem alive...

The system is to be updated, soon enough. The interesting fact that I've added Iodine and anemone back to normal

Back
Top Bottom