Bubble Tip gone!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vettitude

Aquarium Advice Regular
Bought a Bubble Tip Ananome from the LFS yesterday. Followed the advice of the LFS owner and moved it around until I found fairly strong lighting (upper 1/3 of tank) and moderate flow.
It looked great last night under full lights and actinics. I woke this morning about an hour ago and again, it looked great (LED's on) and general room lighting. I went back to look at tank 1 hour later and it was gone!! I know they can move around to find a spot that it likes but it was on a fairly large piece of rock from the LFS. I would not think that it could move across the rock that fast. I hope I can find it when the lights come on. Right now I can't see it anywhere.
Has anyone ever had theirs move so fast? Depending on which way it went, it would have had to move 6 inches in an hour.

Attachments

• image-411727484.jpg
    image-411727484.jpg
    262.7 KB · Views: 94
They can move if they are uncomfortable, and will try to find a better spot.

They'll move around. I wouldn't worry, it's not gonna crawl out of the tank. Lol. As long as it doesn't go near PHs, it'll be fine. They also will become quite small when they pull all the tentacles in to deficate, and that'll make it harder to find. He'll turn up. :)

You guys are right. It showed back up in the same spot.
I cannot believe the little hole that it pulled itself into. Did not seem possible. Just fed it some mysis. Seems happy for now.
Thanks

Vettitude said:
You guys are right. It showed back up in the same spot.
I cannot believe the little hole that it pulled itself into. Did not seem possible. Just fed it some mysis. Seems happy for now.
Thanks

YW. Glad it showed back up! Yeah, they're very pliable and can fit into very tiny places.

Back
Top Bottom