Bubbles on my Zoa Frag

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gleach

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just started noticing these bubbles anyone know what it is?
a3atapy7.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

They told me there is a crab that eats it but I wonder how it will be with other animals. What causes bubble algea?

They told me there is a crab that eats it but I wonder how it will be with other animals. What causes bubble algea?

Bubble algea is caused by high nitrate and phosphate. I have some that hitchhiked on live rock i got lately.

Also yes, emerald crabs are said to eat it.

Yeah brought a sample in confirmed nitrates to be a bit high so I picked up an emerald crab and some salt water. I'm going to hold off a till Friday and do a 10% water change as I believe my nitrates are on there way down the last nitrate test I took a week ago showed my nitrates a bit higher. None the less I'm do for a water change next week. I also get my hob refugium which should help I think and my other ai hydra.

Yeah brought a sample in confirmed nitrates to be a bit high so I picked up an emerald crab and some salt water. I'm going to hold off a till Friday and do a 10% water change as I believe my nitrates are on there way down the last nitrate test I took a week ago showed my nitrates a bit higher. None the less I'm do for a water change next week. I also get my hob refugium which should help I think and my other ai hydra.

How big is your tank? What are the nitrates at?

Got it off. Crab ate the remnants right when I got him in the tank. I believe the frag may have had it when I bought it but can't prove it. I'm inexperienced so I'm learning from my mistakes.

Got it off. Crab ate the remnants right when I got him in the tank. I believe the frag may have had it when I bought it but can't prove it. I'm inexperienced so I'm learning from my mistakes.

How did you get it off?

Took it out put it in a bucket of tank water scraped them off with a small spoon dunked it a few times then put the frag back and discarded the water from the bucket.

Back
Top Bottom