Burrfish eyes are peeling and

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shaker

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok it looks as though his eyes are peeling.

Any insight on this

Ohh and looks like his fecal is stuck to him.

Attachments

• image-1664268278.jpg
    image-1664268278.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 123
  • image-2215642635.jpg
    image-2215642635.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 92
  • image-1480585269.jpg
    image-1480585269.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 98
Ok that's the poop that appears to be a giant dingle berry trying to get his eyes.

It's on both eyes and it's peeling for sure.

That's the best I can do.

Attachments

• image-3319691902.jpg
    image-3319691902.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 92
  • image-2386562814.jpg
    image-2386562814.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 87
Watter is

Gravity 1.024
Temp 76
Nitrate 5.0-10
Ammonia 0
Ph 8.0-8.3

I feed my fish a mix of
Krill
Brine
Blood worms
Flakes

All food is mixxed together and put in to frozen cube trays. I feed half a cube two times a day.

Puffer eats with no problem.

Have added a table spoon of this stuff

Also added 5 ml of garlic to water

Attachments

• image-3171939006.jpg
    image-3171939006.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 87
  • image-2812819822.jpg
    image-2812819822.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 72
Your water test results look OK. Cant really tell from the pics as they are too dark. Do you have any white lights coming on that might brighten the pic?

No. However all my years dealing with snakes " boas to be exact" it's most definitely his eyes peeling. Eyes are reallllllly clear now just has what appears to be " fleshy, gooey and stringy" fish slime around the eyes perimeter " on both eyes" it's not pop eyes. For certain I know his eyes peeled...

Is this common

He is a lil guy and is growing

I'm a newbie to fish keeping but have read and read and read over and over on as much information about the hobby and this species of fish possible.

Of you look at this pic I have captured it the best I can do.

Look at the bottom of the eye." do you see the white fleshy clump"

That's actually all around both eyes.

Some parts are clean some parts are clumpy/ stringy

Forgot to add the pic where it's most noticeable.

Attachments

• image-3127743572.jpg
    image-3127743572.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 82
Nope. Not at all. No net ...

I added garlic to water and whatever it was its all gone. 8 hours later

Ok I was thinking it was an eye injury. My puff hit something and his eye did what you seem to be describing . Went away fast too ....

That's funny. Well now that her eyes look normal again in to the 2nd problem.

What I thought was poop stuck to her anus i think it's actually a hemroid.

with that being said I read somewhere that you can massage it back in.

So I stick my hand in my tank and she was really curious. She kept trying to bite me. It was pretty entertaining. Finally she kinda swam into my hand and tried to touch the poop/hemroid and she then swam away fast. This went on for about 10 mins. She finally caught me off guard and bite my finger lmao. So I gave up. Went to take a nap came back and the poop/hemroid is gone.

Bang head this fish is worrying me to death. I'm treating her now with dr. G's medicated food. It kills a list of internal and external parasites. Plus I added a lil garlic to the water.

Tomorrow I'm adding a anti bacteria to the water for a 7 day treatment.

This is by far the coolest fish I've ever had.

I will do as much as I can to keep her in top shape.

It's funny now cause I just stuck my hand in the tank and she comes and swims right into it and i rub her spines and she appears to like it.

what disease are you treating her for? does she show any signs of parasites or bacterial infection? i wouldn't add a bunch of chemicals to my tank if i couldn't identify any disease. watchful waiting is the way i go.

Last edited:
I'm not adding chemicals.

I added garlic 5 ml

I added vitamins 5ml

And feed dr g's " might be a chemical in the food"

Thinking about adding melafix. It is a antibacterial water treatment. However I called the makers of dr g's fish food and they said to hold off on melafix that there fish food treat internal and external parasites and will improve health do much that it will help cure bacteria infections as well. I know the puffer has internal parasites " that's a given being a puffer and being wild caught" however I wasn't sure what his eye problem was thus is why I was gonna treat for bacteria however his eyes seem
Normal now.

Even melafix says its not a chemical but a all natural extract from tea trees.

well obviously you have the best of intentions and want your fish to be healthy. that's great. i am always a bit worried about putting anything in my tank. especially if the fish aren't really showing any obvious symtoms. i know from being on this site that many a fish went to aquarium heaven from getting over medicated. thanks for the info. i was just curious what you were treating her for. oh and the puffer is VERY cute. good luck with her. :)

Thanks she is moe than cute ... Can't wait to put her in the 100 gallon tank when I get it all together and cycled ...

I'm gonna post a video of her attacking my fingers tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom