Butch, my sick bi-color blenny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gfishguy56

Aquarium Advice Activist
About 2 weeks ago i noticed Butch rubbing the right side of his body behind his right eye on a rock. I noticed a sore spot forming and some skin blotching, i suppose from the rubbing. I treated the nano tank he's in with Melafix for a week and the symptoms and the rubbing went away completely. I did a water change this weekend and he began rubbing again and his skin looks even worse than it did when i first noticed the problem 2 weeks ago. All previous symptoms are back including some new ones; some swelling behind the right eye along with cloudiness. He's sluggish and it seems as though his skin is being eaten away around his whole head. Now, I'm telling you all I am royally anal when it comes to my fish and their health and I am constantly inspecting my fish for any signs of anything, and none of these symptoms existed after the week long Melafix treatment and the day after the water change. These all began happening yesterday afternoon, 2 days after the water change. His two buddies in the tank, Tomato Clown(Ketchup) and Yellow Watchman Goby(George), have no symptoms at all and behave normally. I began the Melafix treatment again.
I really want to save Butch(and his two tank buddies) because he is the most personable(as much as a fish can be), sociable, and lovable fish I own; and a bit ornary on ocassion, but it adds to his greatness. I need him to make it through, so if anyone knows a better treatment than Melafix, please share. I and Butch would be incredibly greatful.

Back
Top Bottom