Butrerfly fish experts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tr3nt

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok so I have a butterfly fish, I have had him/her for about a month now tank has been established for a while it's a 75 gallon tank with more than enough live rock....

I have a clown fish who was in first with a bt anenome and than I got the butterfly and bm wrasse together but put the butterfly in first other wise the wrasse would he a ****... So the wrasse never bothers him neither the clown yet the butterfly never eats my pellets... He's always eating the rocks but I was curious to know if anyone else knows if he can live of that or if he is sick...

Attachments

• image-2848024576.jpg
    image-2848024576.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 82
  • image-3725554060.jpg
    image-3725554060.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 83
well wat i do know is that the Copperband Butterflyfish is a difficult fish to get to start feeding. Offer a varied diet including crustacean flesh, mysid shrimp and frozen preparations.

As a rule it is generally reef safe, but nothing is 100%. Good to control aiptasia & glass anemones. Most individuals can be kept in a reef tank with most soft corals and small-polyped stony corals, although some may nip at shrimp and fan worms.

ive never had a buterfly but i do my reaserch on all my marine life but i do have a tomato clown baby and it can be a handful with the others.........so i hope the info help.

Are the mysid shrimp live? Cheers for the advice it all helps...

We have a threadfin butterfly and is a complete pig when it comes to feeding time, it eats everything we put in, we do use garlic extreme to encourage it to feed and builds up the immune system. It eats frozen brine, loves mysis, flake, krill, razor clam.

Back
Top Bottom