Butterfly (black & white striped) losing color

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tigger

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi... Our black & white striped butterfly (Gill) lost most of his color today. He looks like he's been washed in bleach. We treated the tank for ich a couple of weeks ago. All of the fish look ok now. Today I noticed that "Gill" looks like he has been white-washed. Is he sick? Will his color come back? What can I do for him? (The inverts are in the Q tank while we treat the main tank).

Thanks,

Natalie

He's got his color back. I guess I freaked him out when I turned on the aquarium lights. I do have another somewhat related question. I probably should do a partial water change. Do I add more medication for ich too?

tigger said:
I do have another somewhat related question. I probably should do a partial water change. Do I add more medication for ich too?
What are you using as a treatment?

Cheers
Steve

Sorry for the late reply...

Best way to do this will be treat the makeup/change water with the Cupramine to bring it up to the recommeneded level before doing the waterchange. By doing that you will not need to guess and can follow the manufacturers directions for water volume. When doing your water change, it will not upset the balance already acheived.

Just be mindful to use a different pail for your display tank's water changes.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom