Calling all starfish experts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Squidly

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi everyone, so I have had a fromia star for about 8 months now and he's been doing great till now. However, I could not find him anywhere the last two weeks and today I just found him and he's not looking good. 4 out of 5 legs have almost completely dissolved but he doesn't seem to be melting away. Could something have been eating him maybe? Anyway the big question is whether or not he's a goner or if he will make one of those miraculous recoveries? Any comments are very much appreciated thanks all!

Attachments

• image-3708694292.jpg
    image-3708694292.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 60
These guys are so hard to keep long term. If it's legs have dissolve it is on it's way out, I've never seen one come back from being damaged. Sorry to hear about it dying.

Thanks for the reply even if it's bad news I'm grateful now that I know what to expect. Also, I am very appreciative of the time that the poor star did last in the tank I feel 7-8 months is a good run especially considering that I know they are considered rather difficult to keep.

Back
Top Bottom