Caluerpa dying in Fuge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

doughboydj

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello,

I have a 29gallon custom fuge for my 110gallon. I have plenty of pods but the caluerpa dies about every week. It never spreads. I have miracle mud and 1 7100k Jali 13watt and 2 6500k Coral life 9watt lamps on 24/7. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Steve

could you explain please how it "dies"? does it turn brown? shrivel up? what kind of caulerpa is it? caulerpa needs iodine to grow, so you may want to consider testing and dosing iodine (but dont dose without testing)! usually water changes will replenish the iodiine from the sea salt mix, but in a tank that size, who knows. do you have anything else in the fuge with the macro?

more info would be great in deciding what is wrong.

It never attaches to anything(mud or small rocks) then turns clear and then breaks down. I put iodine already for my Xenia's. Plus I add trace elements. I have used the fern looking caulerpa and the razor/sawblade one as well. Only other thing in the fuge is some blue leg hermits I believe 3 small ones.

Thanks

hm perhaps if your going to keep it free floating, try cheato macro. doesnt look like much but it does the job and doesnt need to be anchored.

Back
Top Bottom