Can anyone help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reeffanman

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well it's not such a mystery I just gave up fighting them. It's a little snail parasite I just don't know what kind. A few of the Lfs have never heard of this. So I'm stumped what to do. They seem to only attack 1 or 2 snail species. Id say they have gotten about 15 or 20 in the last 6 months.
image-273615276.jpg
image-676587286.jpg
Ive only got 2 or 3 of these guys left, I have to replenish them, but I'm not about to if they will get killed.
I would like to know a bit more about what I'm dealing with so I can devise an attack plan. Thanks all for your input.

They are called pyramid snails or cone snails. I have dealt with them in the past. They would go on Astraea snails and turbo snails. Wrasses can sometimes eat them I heard. I never had as many as you do in those pics. I would find a few on each snail every once in while. I would pick them off. But eventually all my astrea ad turbos died from them. I didn't add any more turbos or astrea. I could possibly still have them dormant in my tank for all I know.
Tronchus snails don't seem to be effected by them. I had a few while I had the infestation and none died. Now I only go with Tronchus.

Back
Top Bottom