Can anyone tell me why my zoas are not looking good?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jimbo C

Aquarium Advice Activist
About two weeks ago I introduced my colony by dripping them. For first week they looked great, I think they are green eye? But in the last week or so they have been declining,only a few are opening up. Params are ok all except for Kh which is at 12.. LFS said that it shouldn't impact the zoas, need help!

Awesome, so much knowledge I don't know which to go with!phsss

I've got a lg yellow tang, 5 chromies, 2 osc clowns ,devil damsel,1 golden head gobie.

Could be setup was given to me and lid has 4 t 5 (2 actinic & 2 daylight) not sure how to tell if they're still doing there job. Do u know how to tell.

Could be setup was given to me and lid has 4 t 5 (2 actinic & 2 daylight) not sure how to tell if they're still doing there job. Do u know how to tell.

Seems like enough lighting those bulbs need changed every 9 months

I'll have to talk to friend who gave me setup to see how old bulbs r! Thank you for your help!

Just in case this may help, I had same issue with my zoas as well. 1st week, all well. Second week started to close. By 3rd and 4th week, thought they were gonners. Moved them around trying different spots in tank, flow, lighting etc. LFS told me to give them a lot of light and to keep in the top 1/3 of tank.
Breakthrough came when I couldn't find my colony at all. Turned out something had knocked them off of the rock they were on. They were wedged in rock work at bottom of tank and all opened up. I since have placed them in bottom 1/3 of tank and they are looking pretty good.
Maybe it might help, maybe not. Just thought I would share the findings.

I have them up high in my 90 now and no improvement , I'll try on sand bed , I'm starting to be doubtful they'll make it. Sucks they were a nice piece!

I have them up high in my 90 now and no improvement , I'll try on sand bed , I'm starting to be doubtful they'll make it. Sucks they were a nice piece!

Try a freshwater dip use ro dip the colony in there swish em around for a bit couldnt hurt

Back
Top Bottom