Can cleaner shrimp withstand hypo?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keimaxbode

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm treating 5 fish with hyposalinity in a 55 gal tank. Including the tang with which it originated. I'm following protocol listed and am on 14th day at 1.010. Only the tang has had any signs of ice. The ick dislodged after about day 2 (with help from my cleaner shrimp so I moved him back (slowly) to other tank, but tang has a couple of spots on fins again and some bumps on his body so I assume these will pop out in white soon. I would like to move my cleaner shrimp back into the tank with him to help rid him of the ick again and hopefully for the last outbreak. I read that hypo is safe for hard-shelled crustaceans so wanted to make sure they were considered such before moving him back (slowly). Can someone please advise?

No I wouldn't, you will kill your shrimp. Shrimps are pretty sensitive to salinity levels, I have firsthand experience of this. We live and learn!

Thanks for everyone's advice. Just couldn't determine if they were considered hard or soft shelled so I could follow instructions.

Back
Top Bottom