Can coral sting a fish too death?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deh remedy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My blonde naso tang ran into my hammer coral got all stung up. Now has a big white blotch on its side. Laying on the sand gasping for air

I have never seen a healthy fish run into a stinging coral, or any coral for that matter, but I suppose it's possible.

Actually that's what my son said. I've had him for months really heathy. I've recently added a few new corals. Chili coral, a hammer and a lobophyllia. I also have a bubble tip anemone. When I got in the room the fish was tensed a white blotch on its side. And lying in the sand. He just passed away.

The chili coral will most likely die along with the naso. They aren't a coral that should be in closed systems. I'm sorry about your tang.

O ok thx. Chili was a good deal. I do realize some fish and coral should remain in the ocean. Hopefully I have some luck. Thx for the advice

Yes, they look nice but they are filter feeders. You need some real nutrient filled water to keep one alive, which makes it really difficult to keep a nice looking reef.

Yeah. I've been tryna keep regular doses of reef snow every other night when it expends.

Back
Top Bottom