Candy cane coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

54seaweed

Macro Addict
I have had this candy cane frag about 3 month
it was doing real good , now all of a sudden the green center turned white ,it also really don't inflate much , is it dieing or is it dead its in the middle of the pict(y)

thanks

Hard to say from the pic. Have you done anything recently that might have affected it? ie changed lights, added fish, moved it? How's your water quality?

Really hard to tell from the pic, but they look really bad when they are beginning to split. They get all deflated and show skeleton. Yours do look elongated, and thats usually how they get right before they split into 2 heads. If all your parameters are OK, this could be it. Keep your fingers crossed, it could be a good thing. :)

You guys know if you click on pict it gets bigger right took me forever to realize that meself

Ok so I'll have to wacth it cause all water parameters perfect
would be nice to see more heads pop up

I'm on an iPhone and even zoomed in its hard to tell, but it looks like it could just be splitting. I have 2 different colonies and some of the heads are splitting now, they look pretty rough too.
Good luck with them! :)

Yeah I'm on an iPad and same here if your waters good and you haven't messed with it added a fish that may terrorize it I would guess your okay. Hope it is splitting that would be cool.

Pulled candy cane out of my tank it has a real funky smell to it put in holding tank till I can be positive it's a goner
here is a little better pict

Hey 54, I'd have to say its looking pretty bad. They don't typically look THAT bad when they split. Unfortunately, I think the head on the left is probably dead, and the other is not far behind.

I think it's time for a new candy cane sad to say
it was such a nice looking piece when it was inflated

Back
Top Bottom