Candy cane parasite?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bioteacher

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought a candy cane frag a couple months back. it started with 3 heads and it has split to 4 so far. One of the original 3 heads had what looked like another mouth off the side of its head so I thought it was splitting. On closer inspection there appears to be something living in the hole. It comes out when I feed with reef chili. It looks almost like a small hand. There are 5-6 rays diverging from a central point which come out of the hole. The rays stay extended for a few seconds until a particle hits them and then it pulls back in. I don't have a pic but ill try to get one. I don't think you will be able to see much from a pic. It is really small.

Wondering if anyone has any experience with something like this and knows what I should do.

Here's a pic. The little dark spot is the hole where the mystery guest pops out of. You can see how the head is misshaped.

Attachments

• image-3736887016.jpg
    image-3736887016.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 67
Any thoughts folks? Does anyone know of any good dip products besides iodine. I am afraid that iodine could damage the coral.

Back
Top Bottom