Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-24-2004, 02:57 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
Give em another week or 2 rev IMO. You've gone this far. Why chance it. Be smarter than me. 8)

Old 11-24-2004, 03:07 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

I will thanks Q!!

Also glad your not giving up, you have come to far already in this hobby!

Just a Note to all who do not qt:

******PLEASE*PLEASE*PLEASE QT all new fish for at least a 3 to 4 week period, and treat ich or any other deseise in your tank the proper way to save yourself some grief. There are to many here that have had to learn the hard way*********

Old 11-24-2004, 03:23 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

QS,

I concur with keith let it run its course. A 210g is not much fun w/o fish. It is probably more stress QT the fish at this point.

I went through it early on and did the QT thing and even with my 75g FOWLR I would not take it down again to deal with ICH. two months ago I dealt with it because I was lazy and did not QT a new fish that I should not have added anyway (overstocked) I lost the new fish because it was picked on. Otherwise the cleanershrimp do their job and the strong survived.

With the stock you have I might suggest more cleaners. Also, for the size of tank you seem understocked on clean up crew i.e. hermits in particular. I have read as many as 1/gal. I have 30-40 in my 75g and they do a great job on waste. I would think you might want at least 100 blue and red leg combined.

Good luck,

Tank: 90 Gal SW Reef in the making

See my info for setup and inhabitant details:
afilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 10:59 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
haven't even told the wife yet..... but the big fish may have to go.
How attached are you to the wife?

Really sorry to hear you're having these issues, Quarryshark. I can't offer any more advice than what you and half the people on this list have suggested to me over the last several months. But I can certainly put some good kharma out there for you.

--Aquabear

FW1-16g, 5 Zebra danios, 4 Pristella Tetras, 4 Black Skirt Tetras, 2 Gold Barbs, 1 Brush-nose Pleco
FW2-5g, 1 Baby Gold Marble Angel (raised from fry), 6 Zebra Danios
SW1-75g, (80# LR), Scarlett hermits, Turbo snails, Percula Clownfish (Gizmo), Oscellaris Clownfish (Whizzer), Indian Yellowtail Angelfish (Mikado), Royal Gramma (Orpheus), Black Sailfin Blenny (Casper), Yellow Tang (Pele), Racoon Butterflyfish (Raptor), Lyretail Anthia (Juliette)
FW3-30g, 2 mated Gold Marble Angels (Oscar/Yenta)
SW2-20g, QT, currently empty
FW4-30g, currently empty
FW5-20g, 2 Gold Angels (non-paired)
SW3-35g (REFUGIUM for SW1) - EVIL ChocChipStar, Nassarius and Turbo snails
SW4-55g, 4 BlueGreen Chromis, King's Crown snail.
AquaBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 11:38 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
How attached are you to the wife?
We are good, in fact she is being very supportive.
I'm standing by to treat, but everything is cool so far. Fish are fat and sassy...we'll see.
Thanks for your kind words. People on this forum are the best.!!!!
Old 11-29-2004, 05:18 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Activist

Yeah I’m going through the same thing……I actually opened up a thread before reading this one “Ick is back”. I’m starting all over again with the treatment process.
Old 11-29-2004, 06:10 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hey Kurt, Sorry to hear about your recent problems. Don't have much advice that people have not already offered, so I will just offer support. You have too much invested in this to scrap it all. Keep your chin up. I would start with the soaking your food in garlic. My hippo tang showed little white spots on his fins. When I started feeding garlic-soaked food they went away. How about bumping up the temp of your tank to shorten the life-cycle of the parasite? I think all in your tank could handle 84 degrees for a few weeks, just do it slowly. Hang in there, we are all pulling for you and your fish! Lando
Old 11-29-2004, 10:15 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks guys, I appeciate the support. I have been feeding with garlic and playing the waiting game, but the outbreak has not lessened. Its still there, especially on my bigger Heni.
In the meantime I have set up the 40 gallon and 2-10 gallon qt tanks, looks like I will have to move them. Just need to set up the overflow for my 40 to give the extra water volume. Here is a pic of my 40 from last time.
Don't look foward to it, but I really believe in doing it right.
Old 11-30-2004, 12:22 AM   #29
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hang in there Qshark!!! You've done it once...you've done it twice...you can do it a third time. Lucky fish to have you as there daddy!

PS. Friday will be 6weeks in qt for my fish, but I am afraid to take them out...oh well, we'll see.
Old 12-10-2004, 01:30 AM   #30
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well, strange is it may seem, I have not seen a spot on the fish in 2 weeks. I am keeping my fingers crossed, but at the same time I have all 3 of my qt tanks set up and well cycled. Maybe it was an optical illusion....but that all look fat, sassy and spotless...so far. Have been runnig the UV full time, maybe it really did help.
BTW , I understand the life cycle and am sceptical...but still waiting...ready......

Tags
ich

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com