can't believe it....ich again. Well...maybe not..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Give em another week or 2 rev IMO. You've gone this far. :roll: Why chance it. Be smarter than me. 8) :lol:

I will thanks Q!!

Also glad your not giving up, you have come to far already in this hobby!

Just a Note to all who do not qt:

******PLEASE*PLEASE*PLEASE QT all new fish for at least a 3 to 4 week period, and treat ich or any other deseise in your tank the proper way to save yourself some grief. There are to many here that have had to learn the hard way*********

QS,

I concur with keith let it run its course. A 210g is not much fun w/o fish. It is probably more stress QT the fish at this point.

I went through it early on and did the QT thing and even with my 75g FOWLR I would not take it down again to deal with ICH. two months ago I dealt with it because I was lazy and did not QT a new fish that I should not have added anyway (overstocked) I lost the new fish because it was picked on. Otherwise the cleanershrimp do their job and the strong survived.

With the stock you have I might suggest more cleaners. Also, for the size of tank you seem understocked on clean up crew i.e. hermits in particular. I have read as many as 1/gal. I have 30-40 in my 75g and they do a great job on waste. I would think you might want at least 100 blue and red leg combined.

Good luck,

haven't even told the wife yet..... but the big fish may have to go.

How attached are you to the wife? :roll:

Really sorry to hear you're having these issues, Quarryshark. I can't offer any more advice than what you and half the people on this list have suggested to me over the last several months. But I can certainly put some good kharma out there for you. :wink:

--Aquabear

How attached are you to the wife?
We are good, in fact she is being very supportive.
I'm standing by to treat, but everything is cool so far. Fish are fat and sassy...we'll see.
Thanks for your kind words. People on this forum are the best.!!!! :)

Yeah I’m going through the same thing……I actually opened up a thread before reading this one “Ick is back”. I’m starting all over again with the treatment process.

Hey Kurt, Sorry to hear about your recent problems. Don't have much advice that people have not already offered, so I will just offer support. You have too much invested in this to scrap it all. Keep your chin up. I would start with the soaking your food in garlic. My hippo tang showed little white spots on his fins. When I started feeding garlic-soaked food they went away. How about bumping up the temp of your tank to shorten the life-cycle of the parasite? I think all in your tank could handle 84 degrees for a few weeks, just do it slowly. Hang in there, we are all pulling for you and your fish! (y) Lando

Thanks guys, I appeciate the support. I have been feeding with garlic and playing the waiting game, but the outbreak has not lessened. Its still there, especially on my bigger Heni.
In the meantime I have set up the 40 gallon and 2-10 gallon qt tanks, looks like I will have to move them. Just need to set up the overflow for my 40 to give the extra water volume. Here is a pic of my 40 from last time.
Don't look foward to it, but I really believe in doing it right.

Hang in there Qshark!!! You've done it once...you've done it twice...you can do it a third time. Lucky fish to have you as there daddy! :mrgreen:

PS. Friday will be 6weeks in qt for my fish, but I am afraid to take them out...oh well, we'll see. :roll:

Well, strange is it may seem, I have not seen a spot on the fish in 2 weeks. I am keeping my fingers crossed, but at the same time I have all 3 of my qt tanks set up and well cycled. Maybe it was an optical illusion....but that all look fat, sassy and spotless...so far. Have been runnig the UV full time, maybe it really did help.
BTW , I understand the life cycle and am sceptical...but still waiting...ready...... :evil:

maybe it was debris or micobubbles from the nori, but I have not seen a thing since the earlier post. Maybe I'm just paranoid after the last time, but they really are looking good. I even check in the early AM before the lights come on...nothing.
Gonna leave the qt tanks running for a few weeks just in case, but so far so good. :?

Back
Top Bottom