Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 09-21-2005, 02:35 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist
can't get clowns to eat HELP......

just got clowns in the tank lastnight and they won't touch anything i put in there, tried mysis shrimp, bio blend, omega one.......any suggestions?

Nels22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 02:48 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular
starve them until tomorrow. They are probably too "whatever" to eat. Like us females, if we are nervous, upset, teary eyed, too happy, it doesn't matter, we aren't able to eat. When the new wears off they should be fine. They will be hungry tomorrow. Tried frozen bloodworms, mine go crazy for the stuff.

Got fish?
chelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 02:51 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via Yahoo to Hara
they will often go a few days without eating after being put in a new environment. Try to resist the urge to throw everything at them or you run the risk of polluting your tank.
Hara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 03:09 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
Mine was like that the first couple of days too. I finally tried this frozen formula one marine mix and it went crazy over that. Now the little guy tries everything I put in there.
talloulou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 03:34 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict
Every fish I have had that would not eat could not refuse cyclopeeze with a drop of garlic extreme. Like others said though give them a few days and do not overload your tank with food.
*The fact that no one understands you doesn't make you an artist.
*If guns kill people...Spoons make Michael Moore fat.
Brenden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 11:27 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
Garlic is an appetite stimulant ... I believe that is the word for it. Soak what ever you have in garlic after a day or so to let them adjust to the tank.

*180 gal Display, 100 gal basement sump, 33 gal refugium, 3x250 MH, 2x160 VHO actinics, zoos, some softies, LPS & lots of acros and other SPS.
*100 gal prop tank plumbed into main system w/ 2x96 PC lights and 1x150 MH,
ellisz is offline   Reply With Quote

clown, clowns, eat

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com