Cant get my snowflake polyps to open

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TigerBarbs

Aquarium Advice Addict
My snowflake polyps haven't been opening much at all the last few days. I have no idea why! They are in a medium/high flow area on the bottom 18 inches under 96 watts of t5. My zoos, mushrooms, and frogspawn are doing awesome though.

Anybody know how to save them??? I need help quick!! Theyre shriveling up. Move into shade? More light?? Less flow? More flow?

I would add a buffer to your sump. pH IMO should be around 8.2. If that doesn't work, try moving then to different spots In the tank. I just got myself some snowflakes, I know how beautiful they are, would hate for you to lose them!

I don't have a sump. :( could I just add one to my top off water? Also which buffer would you recommend? I love them so much and they weren't cheap either. I probably overpaid a little. :)

Are those brown ones the same thing just diff. Color? Could they be the problem

Attachments

• image-2352076381.jpg
    image-2352076381.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 76
I wouldnt mess with buffers, they usually do more harm than good. My reef tank is pretty much between 7.8 and 8.0 and everything is fine in there. :)

/www.tidalgardens.com/pages/coral/clavularia.html. This is what I have right? If so I should probably move it up higher right

Back
Top Bottom