Cardinal not eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reeffanman

Aquarium Advice Freak
2 weeks ago I picked up a pair of benghai cardinal and I cannot get them to eat flakes every once in a while they will take a bite, but spit it back out. One seems to have popeye but looks like it is clearing up. The other one looks perfectly fine.
All the parameters are fine 0 0 0 ph 8.0. Also with them is a chromis that is doing great eats like a champ.
I've heard some are hard to get to eat flakes, and others have no problem. I will be trying frozen/thawed food, but I need to pick somthing up. Im not sure what I should get? mysis? brine, or whatever ?

Fussy eaters?

2 weeks ago I picked up a pair of benghai cardinal and I cannot get them to eat flakes every once in a while they will take a bite, but spit it back out. One seems to have popeye but looks like it is clearing up. The other one looks perfectly fine.
All the parameters are fine 0 0 0 ph 8.0. Also with them is a chromis that is doing great eats like a champ.
I've heard some are hard to get to eat flakes, and others have no problem. I will be trying frozen/thawed food, but I need to pick somthing up. Im not sure what I should get? mysis? brine, or whatever ?

The best thing I've ever found to get a fussy fish to start eating is live food. For marines, it's usually Brine Shrimp. Once they start eating that, you can mix in some frozen or freezedried foods with the live and start reducing the live until you see the fish eating the other foods. The fact that the fish tasted a flake means he wants to eat. The fact that he spit it out means he didn't like what you were feeding him. It's now up to you to figure out another food to try.

Hope this helps...(y)

I think that the advice above is very good! :)

You can also try soaking the food in garlic and see if that helps. :)

Back
Top Bottom