Carpet Anemone Concern

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cusemarine

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I purchased a neon green carpet anemone 3-days ago hoping it would get along with my saddle back clownfish. The anemone was acclimated using the drip technique then added to the tank. It moved around a little the first day, the clownfish love it, and won't leave it alone.

However, when I woke this morning it was face down on the sand bed. I tried flipping it over w/my net but it went back to being face down. I'm concerned that the clownfish may be overwhelming the anemone or maybe its just acclimating itself to my tank. Does anyone have experience w/neon carpet anemones? I'd appreciate any carpet anemone acclimation tips.

I've included a pic taken yesterday when the anemone seemed to be doing fine.

Thanks.

90-gallon marine tank with a couple clowns and sailfin tang. Several invertes including 12 emerald green crabs, 20 hermit crabs, 3 peppermint shrimp, 6 turbo snails, and a BTA. Protein skimmer with 100-pounds live rock, Total 495 watts lighting w/2-MH, power compacts and lunars. Ammonia & Nitrite = 0, Nitrate = 10, specific gravity: 1.025. Using Sea-Lab 28 and Kalkwaisser to maintain calcium at 400 ppm.

Pic for my Post

I don't think the attached pic was included, so here it is again.

Attachments

• happy_clownfish6.jpg
    happy_clownfish6.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 114
The light may be too intense on the flesh of the anenome thus it turning upside so it doesnt cook itself.. where in the tank is it located? you may want to try lowering it?

Back
Top Bottom