Carpet anemone not doing so hot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Beau_123

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I have had this carpet anemone for a few months now and my clown fish have just recently started hosting it and I was really excited but in the past couple of weeks it's stomach has came out and went down hill from there. Is there anyway it could recover or is it pretty much done for? Please help

Attachments

• image-2192872109.jpg
    image-2192872109.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 74
  • image-4255513381.jpg
    image-4255513381.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 70
  • image-2530293827.jpg
    image-2530293827.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 81
It's not a great pic but the nem does look bad. You've had it a few months? Do you have the right kind of lighting for it? That would be about the time it would take to degenerate without the right conditions. What's your water at?

It's not a great pic but the nem does look bad. You've had it a few months? Do you have the right kind of lighting for it? That would be about the time it would take to degenerate without the right conditions. What's your water at?
I have eBay LEDs. And it was looking fine them when it started to look bad I looked around my tank to see if anything was unplugged and I found my heater was could that have caused it to deteriorate

Not sure of that lighting but carpets need high lighting intensity like mh's. They are also rated as difficult to care for per liveaquaria. Hopefully yours will make it.

Not sure of that lighting but carpets need high lighting intensity like mh's. They are also rated as difficult to care for per liveaquaria. Hopefully yours will make it.
it has a dimmer on it and I have it at low should I turn it up?

Back
Top Bottom