Carpet Nem doing well...now this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sniperhank

Giant Clam Addict
Ok, I've had this carpet nem for 2 months now. Since being added to my tank it has doubled in size. I woke up today and it was doing this. I'm still iffy on all of my nem knowledge, but it looks like it is throwing up its guts?

img_2059349_0_cd63caa1871782bec283e0b9f8be2d83.jpg

It's pooping they don't have a anus they use there mouths to release bowls

That is what I thought it was doing...but I didn't feed it anything. Infact, I have only fed it once. I only feed mysis, to my fish and my anemones, which are quite small. Wonder what he ate...all fish are accounted for and I only have snails and some hermits in the tank.

Carpet nems usually don't host clowns. An anemone crab would fill this role, however it was just pooping like stated. All is good in the world of this carpet nem.

It looks like it could be waste, or it could be yrying to "go forth and multiply" due to the color I am thinking it's the latter.

It was just waste. Why do you say that it is wanting to multiply due to color? He is a nice green/yellow that sadly my droid's camera doesn't pick up...I so need a good camera.

Sniperhank said:
It was just waste. Why do you say that it is wanting to multiply due to color? He is a nice green/yellow that sadly my droid's camera doesn't pick up...I so need a good camera.

It looked milky white on my phone, which usually isn't waste.

Who knows. It is back to normal, so cant complain. Been making sure to keep an extra eye on it just incase. Cant let the best petco purchase ever die from something thats my fault after it powered through a petco!

Sniperhank said:
Who knows. It is back to normal, so cant complain. Been making sure to keep an extra eye on it just incase. Cant let the best petco purchase ever die from something thats my fault after it powered through a petco!

Amen! Brother.

That's why I asked.u if yours had one and it was being hosted as unusual as it maybe clowns will host a variety of anemones...

Back
Top Bottom