catching a fish?? making bottle trap?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2revup

Aquarium Advice Activist
ok guys I need to QT my sailfin, he has ICK (really getting sick of this crap) now he is too smart for me, or just too fast and hids behind the rock as soon as the net comes out.
I have read that people use bottles, how do you do this has anyone got some diagrams of what to do or just a pciture of the bottle?
thanks in advanced

Is the sailfin the only fish in the tank. If not then you must treat all fish and leave the tank fishless for 8 weeks. But all the fish need to be treated.

yes i know that i should treat all of the fish but i have hit a brick wall really, i have a small qt tank it is not big enough to house 3 chromies a blue tang and a sailfin.
its only 20g its really not even big enough for a sailfin.

I would love to be able to get bigger qt tank but i have no room or money!

so I am really stuck as what to do. I have tried convential methods such as garlic, and trying to track down a clener shrip. i know this dosnt irrdicate the problem buit it saves them for the time being till i can think of an alternitive great.

I have too much LR and Corals to try hypo and copper is out of the question, i am really left with stuff all options!

Kent Marine RxP is a copper-less parasite treatment. If you dont have any inverts you could try that.

Just a question, could you move the inverts to the QT, and treat the main. Will Kent Marine RxP mess up the main for the inverts when they get moved back? Just curious...

If not safe for inverts, I'd be cautious about retunring'm to the tank later too. Whatever treatment will penetrate the sand and rock and most likely will always be there. What sized tank? Any option to just remove the rocks neccesary to catch him. Should be able to pull both actions off w/in 5-10 minutes.

You leave the LR and corals in your main and Hypo the QT. You do not hypo your LR and corals.

:) If you are really intent on catching your fish I had a really fast little guy I needed out of the tank and I used 2 nets at once. I put one behind him in the middle of the tank sort of then let him see the one in front, he turned around and flew right into the net behind him. It startled me it happened so fast that he got away but it worked again really good. For future reference maybe.

tank size is 280L which for you guys is about 78G.
I could move the LR but I have a stack of it and I love the way it sits ATM, but have to do what i have to do.
Just a question, could you move the inverts to the QT, and treat the main. Will Kent Marine RxP mess up the main for the inverts when they get moved back? Just curious...
as answered by austinsdad it will stay in thank the sand and rock will asorb it and it will leak out, so in other words throw out the sand and rock and start over again, thats why this is no an option.

I have been told of a few ref safe medicince that are suppose to work, one is called myzine and the other called invtaid (not sure of the spelling) however the treatments are long. I think i will give them ago and fingers crossed!

Back
Top Bottom