Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-31-2005, 04:15 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

CC brown spots?

Hi there guys,

Just a quick Question. In some parts of my CC I find this lite brown almost looks like fog in my CC. I vacuum my CC once every week I do have hermits in there and two snails with one damsel and it is a 30gal with LR.

Any comment welcome and is this normal?

Thanks in Advance

Old 10-31-2005, 06:52 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

I get the same thing on mine. I believe that it is diatoms. My guess is that disturbing the bed by vacuuming causes a small diatom outbreak, but that is just a thought off the top of my head and may be WAY off. It makes sense to me though. The brown stuff comes off when you vacuum right? Again, I may be wrong, because this is just my theory and I haven't researched it at all.

55 gal cycling. Will be FOWLR.
haus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 07:00 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

Yes it does come off when i vacuum the bed. Is this a good thing or bad and is there anything I can do about this? And the funny thing is it is just against my front glass and some places but not close to my LR
Old 11-10-2005, 11:41 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

It may also be colonized bacteria.

Tags
brown spots

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com