Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-18-2004, 06:09 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Chaetodon quadrimaculatus (four spot butterfly)

bought him on nov 10 and he was doing wonderful but last night for some odd reason he died !! all other fish are doing great !! thought mabe the bta might be the cause but dont seam to be the case or other would have died ! would him eating some polyps poison him ya think ??? have been very busy and then sick the past two day so didnt feed him the usual clam/mussel so not sure if thats the issue !! this fish is one of the most active fish ive ever owned by far so wonder if this was the issue !! if anyone knows or have owned one for how long?!? want to try again but confused why now ?!?!? belly looked full was eatin mysis nori ect... when i seen him swimming last was swimming in circles like he was missing a fin but no injuries that i seen !! seamed to be an internal issue to me ??

Old 03-18-2004, 06:29 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
Don't know, I had one back in the late 70s. (The days when you used undergravel and cycled with a loaner crab from you lfs). I had him for 3 years and sold him back to the lfs when I went off to school. All the literature I have read lately is that they are hard to keep, feed.
Sorry for your loss.

Old 03-18-2004, 06:34 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

yea what i read after it was bought as a gift for me and would eat none stop !! so i thought i was very lucky !! but added some polyps last week which he was picking at but tried to keep him busy eating clams which seamed to work !! but the past few days i havnt really kept up with his normal food !! but being a coral eater i would think if he was gonna eat some polyps it wouldnt kill him !! got the polyps for free so want a huge loss !!

Tags
butterfly, chaeto, fly, rim, spot

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com