Chalice coral issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drew300

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys i just bought my first chalice corals last week and i notices one of them was losing color or tissue. Anyone know what may be the issue?

Attachments

• 20171207_113047.jpg
    20171207_113047.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 76
May be getting stung by that large euphyllia (hammer coral) next to it. They can send out some nasty sweeper tentacles at night.

Well the chalice is placed about 5 or 6 inches infront of the hammer and like another 4 above it...the pic makes it look like they're next to each other but they're not

I just did a WC over the weekend and checked parameters the day after and they are ph 8.2 ammonia 0 nitrite 0 nitrates 10? Calcium 460 magmesium 1360 alk 10 phosphates 0-.04

I just did a WC over the weekend and checked parameters the day after and they are ph 8.2 ammonia 0 nitrite 0 nitrates 10? Calcium 460 magmesium 1360 alk 10 phosphates 0-.04
Temp is 78-79 and water flow is moderate

hammers have about a 8 inch sweep so it's possible its being stung.
do another large water change bring down the nitrates that could also be why

Ok ill move it somewhere else to see if that helps...the nitrates im not sure they are at 10. One tesr reads 0 and another reads 0 - 5 so i dont mnow where to call...but i will do another wc

I’m not sold on aggression as the chalice isn’t a slouch in such a fight. It would either be flow or parameter related.
Keep in mind it might be calcium, alk, or mag that it doesn’t like...not just the ‘big 3’ bad parameters.

Back
Top Bottom