Chocolate chip star acting crazy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tankedjulia

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just got a new chocolate chip 3 days ago.
I have a 30 gallon with live rock and sand, Mushroom corals, maroon clown, bubble anemone, and yellow headed goby.
I acclimated with the measuring cup method. My levels are all extremely good... Salinity 1.026 ph 8.4 ammonia 0 nitrates 0.
He is curling up his legs onto himself... Is that normal? He has hardly moved since I placed him in the tank days ago. Any suggestions????? Help!

I have seen them do that before but not sure if that's normal on a second note a chocolate chip is not reef safe just FYI

Dont sound like anything out of the ordinary. As mentioned above they are not reef safe and they will go after your mushrooms. Keep a close eye out.

I have a CC starfish, occasionally his legs will curl. I've had him for a while, but often wonder if he is getting enough meaty food. I actually haven't had him touch any coral (at least that I could tell) but wouldn't take my chances in my other tank that has a lot more in it. He likes to go to the top and face a leg or two out trying to skim the top of the water. When he does that I try to target feed.

how did you acclimate him? starfish in general are very sensitive to environmental changes. drip acclimation is best, over at least an hour.

Back
Top Bottom