Chocolate Chip Star...Eating too much (could he die)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

b3noodles

Aquarium Advice Activist
hey all,
I have a chocolate chip star that everytime I put Nori in for the tang mostly. He climbs right on top and doesn't stop till it's all gone. Is this bad for him? I have a yellow tang and a lm blenny that like it too but when piggy is there they don't have a chance. Also my snails seem to really love it too. How often should I add it and will it hurt my star? All suggestions welcomed!! Thanks Sue :0)

I checked your profile, and I hope you know that your scooter blenny needs a consistant supply of pods. Unless hes eating enriched brine or mysis, he won't last. Also it's best if the nori is available during all light hours. Tangs should be able to graze all day long, and the star will not eat himself to death. Mabye try giving the CC star some meaty food like shrimp or fish chunks. Your tank is also to small for any tang. IMO tangs should have at least 6' tanks, but at the very, very least no smaller than a 75.

I guess I should update my profile cause my scooter died we now have a lawn mover blenny. There are also a TON of pods in my tank I look almost everynight after lights out and see them all over the place. We were told that a 55 would be ok for our tang. We are planning on upgrading to a 200 gal within the next 2 yrs (hopefully) :p Now to feed the cc star fish do I just put it in the tank and them srt him on top of it? Also I have another star (not sure what kind) He like a maroon color with white spots. Will he eat fish and shrimp too? Thanks for your help!! Sue :0)

Back
Top Bottom