Chocolate Chip Starfish & Copper Banded Butterfly Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheChad

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey all.

I have 2 questions/problems...

1. I have a Copper Banded Butterfly that we have had for about 2-3 weeks. When we got him from the LFS he had 1 large white spot on his tail fin, we kept him in the QT tank for about 4-7 days before treating with a Copper Treatment, In that time he got several smaller white spots. Now that he has been treated with Copper, several of the origional white spots have gone away, but a few more have appeared. Is this normal? How long should this treatment take before he should be completely cured?

2. I have 2 chocolate chip starfish, 1 of them has all the chocolate chip's gone down to nubs. The only thing I can think of is that I have seen several times where our Electric Orange Hermit Crab has been climbing on his back, and will hold on to his back as he climbs the glass. I Have seen several days where the crab will be on the starfish's back. My 2nd Chocolate Chip Starfish looks to have a couple of small pieces gone from his chocolate chips, so I am assuming the same is happening to him...

Is this normal? Will the chocolate chip's grow back? Is there anything that can be done?

Thanks,

-TheChad

if your using copper you have to keep it at the correct level for 2-3 weeks wich can be a pain since the amonia usally rises up after a few days and you have to do waterchanges wich will drop down the concentration of the copper,as far as the cc starfish what other fish are you keeping in the tank? some fish will bite at the chocolate chips but could also be the hermit,this probably wont do anything to the star except give a chance to infection which could kill it eventually.

The only other fish we have right now is 1 Orange watchman Goby, and 2 Clown fish.

We have a couple of shrimp, and some other crabs, but the only one I ever see near the starfish is the Electric Orange hermit crab.

Will the chocolate chips grow back?

Thanks,

-TheChad

I don't know what that has to do with my questions.... But No, I don't plan on having Corals of any type...

I do have LR.

-TheChad

Back
Top Bottom