Christmas Tree Problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mitch69

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have had my Christmas Tree Coral for about 6 weeks, without any problems, when fully "out" it was about 9". However on returning from my vacation of 10 days it has shrunken in and not reappeared in 3 days now.

Is this usual or do I have a problem, everything (mushrooms, leathers and anemone) else in the tank is fine.

If its had it, any ideas how to remove it from its rock, as its attached to the same one as 2 of my leather corals.

Here is an excerpt from liveaquaria.com

...It does not contain symbiotic algae, so lighting is not a pressing requirement, however, this means the Christmas Tree Coral must be fed. The diet should include live, baby brine shrimp, micro-plankton, and other small foods designed for filter feeding invertebrates, in order to survive in the reef aquarium....

Have you been feeding the coral? Also. Have you seen the other leathers in contact with this coral? THey could be conducting a chemical warfare and the christmas coral is the one losing the battle.

Back
Top Bottom