Christmas tree worm advice please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oceandelight

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have had some christmas tree worms for at least 8 months now and recently i have noticed them not coming out as much. i have 3 different rocks with them. the blue ones still come out quite a bit but the red ones and the multicolored ones aren't coming out. does any one know anything about them. we have recently moved the LR around and repositioned the christmas tree worm rocks maybe they don't like there new spots? does any one know if they like lots of light vs little light. we have them in a place where they get a decent amount of flow because i figured they are filter feeders they need the flow. any information will be helpful.

They don't need light at all but they will react to bright light. Not due to sensitivity but moreso predation from other animals. If you've just recently moved them to a higher flow area, they will need time to acclimate to the new conditions. Could be it's more than they need, hard to tell if it's just been done. What is near them and can you deflect the flow a bit to see if that helps any?

What are your water specs and what do you feed them?

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom