Chromi..issue...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Feron

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok, I have 3 blue/green reef chromis.
Up until two days ago they schooled and ate happily, paling around with my clowns and getting daily 'baths' from the cleaner shrimp.

2 days ago, one of the chromis took to hiding in the rocks, in a deep fissure at the base of the tank, only poking it's head out when it thinks I am not around, but never leaving the crevace.
Another of the 3 is basically standing guard above the entrance...hovering around mid way up the tank, always in that area.

The third is happily flitting around the tank without a care in the world.

Neither of the two 'odd' chromis does a blasted thing when any type of food is introduced (and I give a well rounded dose at feeding time..they usually are pigs..).

The one 'on guard' shows no visible signs of infections or duress, but simply wont leave that general area and will not feed...

My only thoughts are that they have gone insane or they have potentially spawned and are protecting their eggs until such a time as they can let the youngins hatch or something...

Taking the guard out and into QT wouldn't be much of a problem...the other would be impossible without tearing the whole reef apart...

Nothing new has been introduced that would be percieved as a threat, so that can be checked off the list..

Any ideas or suggestions?

Ahh yes, I should have posted the water thing.. the water has 0amm 0 trite and a slight (less them 10ppm) trates, with the regularly scheduled water change for this saturday...
Tank is very healthy and happy as far as I can tell.. no swings in any param other then trates elevating every so slightly over a two week period (water changes are every 2 weeks).

Back
Top Bottom