Chromis help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jtisle506

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just purchased 5 chromis from the lfs, one seems to stay alone and swim near the surface, he also seems to have a bigger eye, is he going to be ok? What do you think? Also he and one other have darker scales....is this a male, i dont want to put a sick fish in my tank

Are they currently in QT? Keep an eye on them, if its only been a few hours it will take time for them to get used to their new home. How did you acclimate?

I think the different coloring is where they came from and/or just natural differences. I had purchased three at one store and about three weeks later got two more from a different store. The three were a noticeably different color green. Four eventually would hang together, one was always on the outskirts of the group, but months later, you could tell which the first three and the second two were based on color.

The eye thing...is it popping out or cloudy? Eye stuff is usually related to poor water quality and is not usually passed from one fish to another. Depends on what's going on.

Back
Top Bottom