Chromis Not Eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

143gadgets

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have three green chromis that i have had for three days but they have not eaten. I tried starving them for two days but it didn't work. All help is appreciated. TIA

Were they eating at the LFS?
What are you trying to feed them?
I wouldn't worry too much yet, it takes many fish a week or so to start eating. My Coral Beauty would not eat for the first 10 days after I got her. She eats like a pig now. :)
Are they in qt? Its easier to get them to start eating in a qt setting.

yes they are in quarintine. They will only eat what floats at the top. If it starts sinking to the bottom they won't eat it. The seem very scared. they stick together in the corner of the tank when i come to it.

They probably are scared. They have been through a lot in the past few days. What are you feeding them? Try different things and some good frozen foods and see what they like. At least they are eating something.

I have had these two green chromis for over two weeks now and they are still scared like hell when I come to the room. When I first got them, they adopted a corner of the tank and would just stick there. Give them time. As for feeding, I just give them a little bit of flake food, twice a day. I tried once giving them bits of shrimps, but they did not ate them. As quarryshark says, they have been through a lot, they just need time to adjust and feel secure in their new environment. :)

Back
Top Bottom