Clam needs help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xxnonamexx

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well this clam still has senses but it doesn't look so good this morning http://www.flickr.com/photos/59422509@N00/. My other clam on the other side is doing great. What else should I do? I have the MH acclimating w/ 7 screens in between so I need to give it a few days before I take a layer off. Do you think this will harm the clam as to not getting enough light during acclimation? Thanks

The mantle of the clam is pulling away from the shell itself. This is not a good sign at all. More commonly this will be a chemistry problem or parasite (pyramidellid possibley). As long as you are acclimating the tank properly and slowly enough to the MH light, this will not be your issue. From the pic I saw, you are going about it correctly.

Please post the alkalinity, calcium and magnesium levels. All three of these are very important so if you do not have the kit for them, get them tested by the LFS and post the results.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom