Clam not so good

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sean112280

Aquarium Advice Freak
I came home yesterday and my clam isn't looking so hot. Its mantle isnt as extended as it was, and it is not planted on the rock like it used to be. It's hole seems to be open wide as well. What could it be and is it possible to help/fix this? Any help would be appreciated

The 1st pic is now, the 2nd is B4

Attachments

• IMAG0596.jpg
    IMAG0596.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 243
  • IMAG0611.jpg
    IMAG0611.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 228
no he said the second pic was before the first picture is the clam currently yea something is definately bothering it maybe its sucked itself back into its shell

the current pic is the 1st pic. it doesnt look good to me. Isnt the mantle supposed to be out like in the 2nd pic?

yup its mantle is supposed to be out definately, it went back into its shell is something bothering your clam maybe?

i dont know what would be bothering it. I havent witnessed anything bothering it.

what type of lighting do you have and is the clam getting too much flow infront its mantle maybe?

it could be any number of things could also be water conditions what are your tests saying?

I have 250w MH's, there could be too much flow, but it has been doing fine where it is now up until a 2 days ago. I am going to test and i will post results

I had many problems with that salt in the tanks that I take care of at a pet store. This was when I first started out with saltwater. I had problems such as PH, CAL, ETC... I heard that this type of salt mix was a lower grade salt. So I switched, and have not had a problem one. I use a brand called aquavitro. This is a $$$ brand of salt. Somewhere around $85.00 for 250gal, but it's been the best salt I used. Now I use there whole line of products. There easy to use, and have not had one problem. This Is a 10 out of 10 porduct.

Clam died on me....boo. I will read up on pinched mantle. Thanks for the link ccCapt. So you had some problems with tropic marin Enter_Name? Well maybe I will switch back to IO then. Thank you all for the help.

Back
Top Bottom