Clarkii clown beating up LTA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

guitarvp

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Have a 20 gallon high and my LTA had been doing great and found itself a nice spot right in the left front corner of the tank (great lighting, great flow). A few days ago he pulled himself out and started moving around, which I understand is no big deal. The problem is my clarkii wouldn't let the LTA settle anywhere and kept pushing it around. I've tried putting him in a couple different corners but within a few minutes the clarkii has pushed the anemone around and of course made a sand storm. At this point the anemone is looking pretty rough, a little shriveled and doesn't seem to be moving around on it's own. It's mouth has stayed closed and tentacles sticky so i'm hoping it's still ok. Anybody ever run into this? Should I put the anemone in a hospital tank for a bit until it gets better? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Parameters:
PH 8.2
Salinity 1.024
Ammonia 0
Nitrites 0
Nitrates 10

1 Clarkii Clown
3 Chromis
1 Skunk Cleaner shrimp
5+ Brittle Stars
4 Turbo snails
2 Cowrie Snails

Pictures to follow....

The first pic is before the anemone pulled himself out and the other two are a couple of spots the clarkii has pushed it around to...

image-2642862325.jpg

image-883706248.jpg

image-714167364.jpg

Back
Top Bottom