Clarkii Clown swimming strangely

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Floyd R Turbo

Aquarium Advice Addict
I started this thread

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f11/i-found-another-tank-in-trouble-136317.html

But wanted a specific question addressed, related to this Clarkii Clown

img_1177506_0_05a3d3af888787be1572bf72802275c6.jpg

He swims around head-up or at an angle. He doesn't seem to be able or willing to swim head-down or level himself out. He was active when I got there, going up/down/back/forth. He camps out at the bottom of the tank a lot, same story - always head up/tail down. The owner/staff said he spent about a month laying on his side in a corner of the tank, but seems more active now.

The tank conditions are horrid (pH 7.84, temp 73.5, Nitrates off API scale immediately, haven't tested anything else) so I suspect swim bladder disease/disorder, but can anyone help pin down the problem and possible solutions?

Last edited:
Okay, I posted on your other thread, but I'll repeat. That may be a submissive posture due to the fact that one of the other fishes my be picking on him. I had a clarkii do that and now I have a P.clown that swims with a heads up posture..Go figure.............

Last edited:
Yeah, my bad...I spell like you know what and I type even worse.

The other fish in the tank (300g) are a bi-color Foxface and a Blue Tang w/HLLE. I don't think either of those are particularly aggressive, are they?

Being the smallest of the three, who knows. 300g is allot of space for three firsh. But then again, was he picked on by the others that have died off.

Back
Top Bottom