Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-21-2003, 11:50 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via MSN to sumphead
Clarkii resting in peace :0(

I lost my lil' clarkii today. I just don't know why. I'll have to chalk it up to "just one of those things" My levels are great and stable and all my more sensitive creatures (i.e. inverts, mandarin) are just fine and probably happier without the little tyrant. I QTd him for 24 days and he always had spunk and ate well. He immediately claimed his territory when introduced after QT and was the dominant of the tank. There is nothing bigger to pick on him either. I gave him a postumous exam and even that didn't turn up a single scratch. Oh well, i'm a little bummed.

Old 12-22-2003, 11:07 AM   #2
steve-s

Sorry for the loss

What was the clarkii QT's for?

Cheers
Steve
Old 12-22-2003, 06:43 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

Sorry about the clarkii, Reefnewb

It's hard anytime a fish dies, but it's gotta be worse if you have no idea what happened. Was he in the QT because you suspected that he was sick, or was he somewhat new? It sounds like he had a happy life in your tank!

I hope the rest of your fish are ok.
Old 12-22-2003, 08:49 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I guess i neglected to mention. He was a new addition. He was a juvy with lots of orang color still. He never showed any sign of sickness or stress. after his QT period he made it just about as long as he was in QT. I just don't understand it, but alas i resign to the fact that these things happen.
Old 12-22-2003, 11:34 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via MSN to gooyferret Send a message via Yahoo to gooyferret
Sorry to hear that man, hope hes in fish heaven. Thats kinda odd i thought clarkii's were very hardy fish am i incorrect?
Old 12-23-2003, 07:29 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic

No they are indeed very hardy. I had one years ago while I was in the Army that made it through a three week deployment in a 12 gallon cube without a bite or a water change. He seemed perfectly healthy but this could be a case of cyanide capture, I dunno. I wish there was a way to know for sure where our aquatic friends come from. I think I'll be looking to another source (another LFS or mail order) when it comes time to replace him. I'll prolly go with a pair of false percs after I move into a large tank just after Christmas. That way I'll know they are more than likely tank raised. Thanks all for your sympathy or empathy (i forget which term is correct). You guys are the best!

Tags
sting

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com