Clarkii resting in peace :0(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sumphead

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I lost my lil' clarkii today. I just don't know why. I'll have to chalk it up to "just one of those things" My levels are great and stable and all my more sensitive creatures (i.e. inverts, mandarin) are just fine and probably happier without the little tyrant. I QTd him for 24 days and he always had spunk and ate well. He immediately claimed his territory when introduced after QT and was the dominant of the tank. There is nothing bigger to pick on him either. I gave him a postumous exam and even that didn't turn up a single scratch. Oh well, i'm a little bummed.

Sorry for the loss :(

What was the clarkii QT's for?

Cheers
Steve

Sorry about the clarkii, Reefnewb :cry:

It's hard anytime a fish dies, but it's gotta be worse if you have no idea what happened. :( :( Was he in the QT because you suspected that he was sick, or was he somewhat new? It sounds like he had a happy life in your tank!

I hope the rest of your fish are ok.

I guess i neglected to mention. He was a new addition. He was a juvy with lots of orang color still. He never showed any sign of sickness or stress. after his QT period he made it just about as long as he was in QT. I just don't understand it, but alas i resign to the fact that these things happen.

Sorry to hear that man, hope hes in fish heaven. Thats kinda odd i thought clarkii's were very hardy fish am i incorrect?

No they are indeed very hardy. I had one years ago while I was in the Army that made it through a three week deployment in a 12 gallon cube without a bite or a water change. He seemed perfectly healthy but this could be a case of cyanide capture, I dunno. I wish there was a way to know for sure where our aquatic friends come from. I think I'll be looking to another source (another LFS or mail order) when it comes time to replace him. I'll prolly go with a pair of false percs after I move into a large tank just after Christmas. That way I'll know they are more than likely tank raised. Thanks all for your sympathy or empathy (i forget which term is correct). You guys are the best!

Back
Top Bottom