Clarkii with one pop eye

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pinda

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a clarkii clown and 2 damsels. A few days ago all of a sudden the clarkii will not go anywhere near the damsels, now one of his eyes is swollen. I did a 20% water change in the hopes that his eye will heal can I use epson salts to help him bearing in mind I also have a peppermint shrimp?

I will definetly try the epsom salt. The thing is too he has now resorted to swimming at night in the dark.

Most fish will sleep/rest at night, so it probably feels safest to come out at this time if it was being picked on.

I've read somewhere that melafix can help popeye is this true? He is swimming more but his eye is pretty big.

melosu58 said:
Frequent PWC`s will help also. How often are you doing PWC`s?
Every three days. Although I am doing all this his eye seems to be getting bigger. I used and epsom salts dip today tomorrow I will see how that works.

I treated my tank with melafix and the pop eye has now gone in 4 days. The clarkii is swimming more but he's not his usual self yet , is there anything else I can do to make him fully better?

I have changed over 50% of the water in my tank over the past few days with 20% water changes. This clarkii previously had ich from another fish i got from the LFS. He has regained his weight and is starting to swim again but more often than not he is crashed at the bottom. Oddly enough he seems to be breathing normally. He has started to eat again but being crashed at the bottom of the tank isn't normal for this fish. Do you guys think its over for him?

Hi guys I woke up tonight after hearing all the thunder from hurricane deane. As soon as i turned on the lights to my amazement my clarkii clown is swimming all over the tank vertically as though he was sleeping while swimming. Is this some kind of sickness? He hardly swims during the day but the way he was swimming was very weird.

Back
Top Bottom