Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-23-2011, 11:38 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Could be he's eating. He could also just be acclimating to the new scenary. He may also be trying to molt.

Old 06-24-2011, 01:11 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist

Well it was scaring me so I made him move to the bottom. Lol

Old 06-24-2011, 07:21 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Regular

I just got one last Sunday, he tends to hide in some rockwork mostly for now. Hopefully the other fish will warm up to him soon.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:33 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

i had a cleaner shrimp that lasted 30 minutes. i drip acclimated it and well as soon as i put it in my system my nasarius and crabs swarmed it and started eating it. took it back to find out it had shed it molted a few days before and the exosekeleton hadn't grown back yet, so the shock from transportation killed it. my LFS gave me a new one and him and the peppermint shrimp i got that day are alive still been 3 month and going extremely strong
Old 06-24-2011, 08:10 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Drip acclimate in the future. I just use an old bucket that I've cleaned thoroughly and use a piece of tubing with a hooked end (it's really just a tiny siphon that can be controlled to only 3-4 drips per second). Just hook up the siphon to your tank dripping water into the bucket at no more than 5 drips per second along with the shrimp + contents of the bag in the bucket with it.

Once the volume of water has doubled empty half of it out and repeat this ~3 times to ensure they are acclimated properly. I've done this and have yet to experience a single loss due to shock.

I run electrical appliances underwater and enjoy injecting things with Kalk filled syringes.
Sarcothelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:10 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Activist

I didn't have any tubing to create a siphon so I used a syringe, putting in 5 mL every 15 min to the bag. This one looks weak but has survived 10hrs longer than the other two did.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:28 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Freak

you should really stop getting shrimp if they end up dying. something is clearly wrong with something youre doing so you should fix it first instead of simply testing your water on them. just my thoughts..
Old 06-24-2011, 10:32 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis View Post
you should really stop getting shrimp if they end up dying. something is clearly wrong with something youre doing so you should fix it first instead of simply testing your water on them. just my thoughts..
I'll get 45 and throw in a 1 gallon goldfish bowl full of cyanide, if I so please. I'm not testing my water on them, I apparently can't acclimate them even when I follow the proper procedures.

Maybe should be offering suggestions on how to help rather than telling people the obvious "something is clearly wrong with something youre doing so you should fix it". "just my thoughts.."[sic]
Old 06-24-2011, 10:38 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I'm really leaning towards your pH. Lower it to 8.3 and go from there.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:38 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to DA fisherman
It might be the PH, if not did you get that tank used??? Cause the only thing I know that can knock out a invert is copper.
I've always just temp acclimate them and just threw them in( do not follow that statement lol)

Tags
clean, cleaner, cleaner shrimp, rim, shrimp

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com