cleaner shrimp and ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NJDevilsWinCup

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have 2 cleaner shrimp and i know that they are supposed to clean other fish of parasites like ich but recently when some of my fish got ich the shrimp didn't do anything. how come?

well some fish do not liked to get cleaned. i know all of my clown fish hate top be tuched my my cleaner shrimp.

As was said its a two way deal. The fish has to be willing to be cleaned. This would involve the fish going to the 'cleaning station' and allowing the shrimp to hop on and start working its magic.

The shrimp really wong force itself upon the fish nor will it really go activly searhing for fish to clean. More or less they just setup cleaning stations where they will service a fish if it comes up and allows the shrimp to 'pop the hood' so to speak.

I saw you are the newest member of the board and just had to welcome you!

[center:c6a4896b23] :smilecolros: Welcome to AquariumAdvice, NJDevilsWinCup!! :n00b: [/center:c6a4896b23]
[center:c6a4896b23] :devilish: :devilish: :devilish: :devilish: :devilish: :devilish: :devilish: :devilish: :devilish: [/center:c6a4896b23]

Back
Top Bottom