cleaner shrimp died

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zoom760

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hello all; anyone know about cleaner shrimp. mine jus passed today and chromis passed yesterday. history: bought 2 pair nemos from petco which had clown disease (ich ruled out after research and med) which killed all except invert and nem. qt establ to save 4th nemo and 3rd chromis which successful (quik cure) 14 days and they show no signs & eating :) now.
first, all levels are good but hydrom displayed .26 versus .23 do u think this is the cause of death.
second, did 15% wc and 5% diswat today.
third, carpet nem, snails and hermit are normal eating/moving
third, my sole survivn nemo and chromi are still in qt.
fourth, unknown killer in my tank cuz placed a chromis and it died next day to include clnr shrimp the following day. was it salinity .26 or unknown disease still in tank.
any recommendations and should i wait 6 wks before i put nemo/chromis in mt for unk disease to die

A salinity of 1.026 isn't high at all. It's actually the salinity of nsw. I would wait 8 weeks to put fish back in to make sure whatever is in there dies.

thanks. 8wks it is; nemo is bored in qt ;).

what are your parameters? by levels being good, do you mean you have no ammonia or nitrite present?
swing arm hydrometers are very inaccurate. i've had one read .021 and another read .026 from the same water, and the reality was .030!
you should invest in a refractometer.

Back
Top Bottom