Cleaner Shrimp Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clr_newbie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just purchased a cleaner shrimp 3 days ago and as of this morning, I don't think he will make it through the day.

I brought him home on Friday night and did a 45 minute drip acclimation before he was added to the tank. He seemed to be doing alright but on Sunday morning I noticed he had molted. All day Sunday he seemed very week and moved around very little. This morning he is lying on his side on the tank bottom but still moving.

PH - 8.2
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - 10
Ammonia - 0

Any ideas on what's going on.

May have acclimated too fast. Inverts especially need a very slow acclimation (hours). That would be my guess.
After the acclimation and before you introduce, make sure the temp, PH and SPG match to your main.
What is the SPG of your main?
All I can tell you is keep the water quality high and hope that he will make it. Don't move him, that would most likely do more damage.

After molting shrimp are very sensitive since there exoskeleten is weak. Are there any fish that might have damaged him, or be picking on him. Also what is your temp, inverts like him are sensitive to high temps.

Back
Top Bottom