Cleaner wrasse disappeared.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I know many of you do not agree with keeping of these fish. I did however get one that was eating prepared foods. (this is the only time I would purchase one) I had him in the tank all day, and fed him 3 times each time he ate well. Raw and mysis shrimp. I covered the back of my tank and in the morning he was no where to be found. Anyways what are the chances he was eaten? I do have 4-5 stone crabs im still trying to remove and I think they killed them. What do you guys think?

It's possible, they can be snuck up on when sleeping, otherwise the crabs couldn't catch it unless it was sick or dead.

Maybe but you probably would have seen leftover bodyparts or bones. Did you check the overflow or filter or anywhere that he could have slipped into? Did you have any other fish?

I bought a cleaner wrasse also. Had I known that it is frowned upon by most because of the mortality rate and the negative effects that harvesting them from the ocean I would never have done so. I do however love that fish. He is by far my favorite in my tank. Mine is doing fantastic. He occasionally will hide for awhile. I would watch the tank closely because he might just be in the rock. I thought I had lost him the first time he did this, and started pulling my rock up so I could remove th carcass. When I lifted the 3rd or 4th piece up and inspected the bugger jumped out and in to the tank. I would just check under the rock and if no body is found give it a few days. He could very well turn up. Also mine loves raw store bought shrimp soaked in garlic juice. He goes bananas untill its gone.

Scott

Its a 125 and no left overs ever exist, i have 6 shrimp, 50 nassarius and a about 20 small sally light foot type crabs, and 5 unwanted stone crabs. Duaumun as for your question yes I have 16 other fish, all peaceful fish tangs clowns and such check profile. MrWrasse its been a few weeks now, and no sign. The LFS that carries them will never stop ordering even though they constantly die in their tanks. Its really sad, so I thought I would give one a try.

Don't get me wrong six-line, if I lose the one I have I still might get another one if I see one in need of a chance to live :). I think it would be cruel to leave them in the LFS dungeon of nasty water :roll: .

Scott

My cleaner wrasse has a prompt "bedtime" of 11:30pm when it finds tight nook in my LR. I was worried when it totally disappeared the first night I got it, but by 7am it was out and about. I know it sleeps in the LR b/c I picked up a piece and it was staring back at me. Hope you find yours!

Back
Top Bottom