Closed Anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

artoledo

Aquarium Advice Freak
So i just got home and noticed that my LTA was completely closed and i dont know why. the entire thing is closed and looks like the bottom of the anemone just swallowed all the tentacles. Any ideas?

Are all your water parameters good? How about temperature? Is it possible it had just caught something (food, detritus floating, etc) and was eating? Do you target feed? If so what, how often?
Anemones from time to time will exhibit this kind of odd behavior. It may just be expelling waste or getting ready to. If everything else checks out, just watch it and give it some time.

Yes, what MT79 said. Mine does this periodically and then after a day or two, it is back to normal....After 2 days it should be ok, if not, I would look into other possibilities such as ddescribed above.

It is back to normal. Water parameters are good except for my Ca and kH. i woke up this morning and it was back to normal. My tank is only 3 months old. i have 1 yellow tang, 1 blue banded goby, 1 sebae clown, 1 black and white ocellaris clown, 1 cleaner shrimp, 3 mexican turbo snails, 20 blue legged hermits, 2 sets of xenia's, i trumpet coral, 1 colony of zoos and 1 green ricordia mushroom. Oh yeah, a feather duster that hitch hiked on a rock.

Back
Top Bottom