Cloudy Eye.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sushi-X

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,

My coral beauty has an cloudy eye. My water parameters are fine. The fish is still very active and eats fine. I've been fedding it a balanced diet of flakes, frozen food (ocean nutrition formula 1 and brine shrinmp) and pellets. I have a 36 gallen and his tank mates are 2 damsels. What is the most common cause of this and how dangerous can this be. As i said before, his activities are still the same.

Thanks.

I'd watch it for 48 hrs if its just a injury from hitting something then it should be better if it is not then you may want to treat the tank with a dose of mardels labs maraycin 1 and does it at 1/2 dose and 1/2 as long as directed on the package its just tetracycline and fresh or saltwater brand will do the trick. just stop skimmer and cut out carbon and any other mechanical filtration.
many things will and do cause the injury but the cloudy or bulged look is infection and if let untreated then the bacteria will most times kill it. I also will soak the flakes in some Maryacin also before feeding for like 15 minuets then feed the fish. And Damsels will get very Territorial and will defend that area to the death if you buy chance have a pair then they will beat the hell out of anything that crosses they imaginary line. better to get one of the Damsels out if they are the same species and many will cross breed as well.

My coral beauty is hiding alot now. It used to be active by swimming everywhere. It is now hiding in a safe hole. Is this a good thing that it is hiding and resting? It still still eats well and my water parameters are fine.

Thanks

Before doing any chems lets try some PWC every 2 or 3 days and see if that helps. I`ve seen that work before.

Agree with PWC for a couple of days but if you need to treat do it in a QT. Anti-bacterial meds will kill good bacteria along with the bad. Do it in a QT for the 1 fish that needs it and keep up with PWC in the QT tank.

Back
Top Bottom