Cloudy Eyes.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aarref

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i have a 562 gal tank....among the fish in it, i have a hippo tang, banner butterflyfish, double-barred spinefoot rabbit fish and a black domino damsel....these 4 have cloudy eyes....it is faint but i would like to do something to remove it....what do u advise me 2 do? 10x

Aaron

562 gal or 562 litre?

Cloudy eye is usually the result of high organics in the tank and/or injury. You may not have that many fish in the tank but it can still be a concern especially if still maturing. Best remedy is several large water changes with well aged/aerated SW.

What are the water specs?
What was the last fish added and how long ago?
Do you use a QT?

Cheers
Steve

my tank is 5ft by 2ft by 2 ft so its 562 liters then sorry....the water is about 2 years old,the ph is 8.1 and the salinity is 1.021,the last fish had a popeye caused by acumulation of nitrogen bubbles and no i dont use a quarantine tank....about water change i want to start doing it evry month what i have to do exactly....where do i have to put the sea water int the stage of aging....

aarref said:
the water is about 2 years old
Um.. 8O years :?:

about water change i want to start doing it evry month what i have to do exactly....where do i have to put the sea water int the stage of aging....
You should try to do them more often than monthly, especially if your fish are exhibiting signs of bacterial infections. Popeye or sometimes more commonly just single eye swelling are a sign of this as well.

If you are using a synthetic sea salt mix and making it yourself, let it stand for a good 24 hrs mixing with a powerhead and heater (heating may not be need in Malta.. LOL) once the desired SG/salinity is achieved. If using natural seawater harvested by yourself, let the water sit in a dark area of the house with a powerhead and cover for two weeks. Having some carbon in there as well will help remove impurities.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom